Fox News now has testimony from people on the ground and are reporting what they say actually happened on the ground at Benghazi on “9/11″ 2012 when Ambassador Chris Stevens and other US staff were murdered.
• Everything was quiet at 8.30pm. There was no “protest” or anti-video “mob.”
• There was an explosion at the gate about 9.30pm.
• The Consulate came under military-style attack.
• There was an urgent request from the CIA annex (about a mile from the Consulate) for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself which was denied by the CIA chain of command.
• The same CIA command told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m.
• Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack.
• When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed CIA command at the annex they were hearing gunfire and requested permission to go to the consulate to help. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”
• Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged.
• The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack.
• They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
• At midnight they again called for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house (annex). The request was denied.
• There was no communications problem at the annex; the team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters.
• One member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA annex. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground in intense firefights. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from.
• CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood, though, denied the claims that requests for support were turned down.
“We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi,” she said. “Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.
•The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, 480 miles away, to arrive.
• Two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
• A Special Operations team, or CIF which stands for Commanders in Extremis Force, operating in Central Europe had been moved to Sigonella, Italy, but they were never told to deploy.
• A second force that specializes in counterterrorism rescues was on hand at Sigonella, according to senior military and intelligence sources, that could have flown to Benghazi in less than two hours.
• Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday (25 Oct) there was not a clear enough picture of what was occurring on the ground in Benghazi to send help. ??????
• There were two military surveillance drones redirected to Benghazi shortly after the attack on the consulate. They were already in the vicinity. The second surveillance craft was sent to relieve the first drone, perhaps due to fuel issues. Both were capable of sending real time visuals back to U.S. officials in Washington, D.C.
• Any U.S. official or agency with the proper clearance, including the White House Situation Room, State Department, CIA, Pentagon and others, could call up that video in real time on their computers.
• Tyrone Woods was later joined at the scene by fellow former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty, who was sent in from Tripoli as part of a Global Response Staff or GRS that provides security to CIA case officers and provides countersurveillance and surveillance protection. They were killed by a mortar shell at 4 a.m. Libyan time, nearly seven hours after the attack on the consulate began.
• A motorcade of dozens of Libyan vehicles, some mounted with 50 caliber machine guns, belonging to the February 17th Brigades, a Libyan militia which is friendly to the U.S., finally showed up at the CIA annex at approximately 3 a.m.
• An American Quick Reaction Force sent from Tripoli had arrived at the Benghazi airport at 2 a.m. (four hours after the initial attack on the consulate) and was delayed for 45 minutes at the airport because they could not at first get transportation, allegedly due to confusion among Libyan militias who were supposed to escort them to the annex.
• The American special operators, Woods, Doherty and at least two others were part of the Global Response Staff, a CIA element, based at the CIA annex and were protecting CIA operators who were part of a mission to track and repurchase arms in Benghazi that had proliferated in the wake of Muammar Qaddafi’s fall.
• Part of their mission was to find the more than 20,000 missing MANPADS, or shoulder-held missiles capable of bringing down a commercial aircraft.
• There is testimony the team inside the CIA annex captured three Libyan attackers but was forced to hand them over to the Libyans. U.S. officials do not know what happened to those three attackers.
• Ambassador Chris Stevens was in Benghazi that day to be present at the opening of an English-language school being started by the Libyan farmer who helped save an American pilot who had been shot down by pro-Qaddafi forces during the initial war to overthrow the regime. That farmer saved the life of the American pilot and the ambassador wanted to be present to launch the Libyan rescuer’s new school.
The Weekly Standard is reporting today in breaking news that General Petraeus is adamant that “No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.”
This poses the question, WHO in the US government decided NOT to send in military assets to help.
• The secretary of defense would not make such a decision on his own.
• The Wekkly Standard says this would have been a presidential decision. There was presumably a rationale for such a decision. What was it? When and why? “…did President Obama decide against sending in military assets to help the Americans in need?”
For more than 18 days the Obama Administration at the highest level told the American people this was simply a mob protest out of control and was motivated by a 13 sec. video clip. This was a lie. They also maintained when this was exposed that they ‘did not have enough information to call it a terrorist attack.’ This is also a lie, they had emails directly from the Ambassador and the CIA, as well as other security traffic during the attack as it happened. Military aircraft also flew into Benghazi and someone had to have ordered that. Based on what?
The following people spun these lies for 18 days and continue still:
- President Obama (including in the second Prez. Debate)
- Vice -P Joe Biden
- Sec of State Hilary Clinton
- UN American Ambassador Rice
- White House Press Sec Jay Carney
At the most generous level, this was an unmitigated security debacle on “9/11″ that continued for two weeks and the Commander-in-Chief as he likes to be called (especially about ‘getting bin Laden) was ‘all-at- sea.’ If only he was, perhaps on a Carrier off the Tripoli coast rather than in Vegas fundraising or playing golf.
Prediction: there will be top level sacking/s by Monday to take the heat off Obama’s potential reelection in 10 days time. These unfortunates will take the fall for the Libyan ‘Watergate.’
In another ghastly parallel to this mess, is the Liberal media white-out on coverage of the Libya 9/11 crisis, avoiding it to protect President Obama, and deny the American people the truth. This is a failure of the US fourth estate in favour of factional party political allegiance. It is an utter disgrace.
There are now two governmental inquiries and the details will all out, as they did during the Republican Iran–Contra Affair under President Reagan and Bush Senior.