The biggest strike in the USA in a year, 25,000 Chicago Teachers -among the best paid in the US (approx. 74,000 US)- have gone out on strike. Chicago is the third largest school district in the US. Some interesting points:
- 400,000 kids have no school, 26,000 teachers out.
- The Teachers’ Union has been negotiating since last Nov.
- Compulsory Union Fees are auto-deducted from pay in Chicago (Unions then donate to the Democrats).
- Initially the Chicago teachers were seeking a 30% increase.
- Chicago is governed by Rahm Emanuel , Obama’s ex White House Chief of Staff.
And then there’s this from the DNC last week during Michelle’s feel-good speech…
Obamaland vs Reality Now.