In this clip, Colin intimates he may run for Auckland mayor. WtFreak? Does his delusional chutzpah and lack of self awareness know no bounds? I hope he does, I might even donate to his campaign, because the public will give Colin Craig a massive reality wakeup call. Not that he’ll heed it. His inevitable defeat will be a conspiracy of “dirty politics,” me, Cameron Slater and the kidnapper of the Lindberg baby all in cahoots to “rob the people of New Zealand of an amazing leader.”
Go for it Colin. Lemmings towards a cliff.
In this clip, Colin also waxes on how much of a victim he is, and how “politics has got all personal,” and there are “widespread allegations, and defaming.”
Well, Colin, you’re the one who:
• called THREE dedicated press conferences, two including your wife.
• went on every radio and TV show you could find to promote and discuss every detail of all this. Including flying down to Christchurch from Auckland just to do a short interview on local telly.
• The allegations are about YOU, because you caused all this, your behaviour. Take responsibility. You keep saying they are “allegations.” People are simply reacting to WHAT YOU HAVE DONE and how you’re covering it up, because you can’t abide anything that portrays you in a negative light and work assiduously to change the narrative.
• You’ve then lied continually about the details, so people like me, in positions of official Party responsibility, were forced to speak out to try and salvage a party you have hopelessly destroyed through PERSONAL histrionics played out through the media.
• It has got personal because YOU MADE IT PERSONAL. It’s always been about you, and when I and others tried to discuss moving past you, you were having none of it and launched a Night of the Long Knives. “I am the party.” Sackings, requesting resignations, contrived disciplinary actions, law suits.
• Several of us tried for months to discuss behind closed doors, with decorum and privacy, the serious allegations (IN THE MEDIA ALREADY) about you. But you refused to turn up, cancelled meetings, declined to rebut and finally launched a raid to sweep away all the annoying official minions of the party and install some of your own, in to your own image.
• You then published a 12-page hagiography of yourself with distorted facts, stolen private emails, and defamed a series of people in front of a full blown media.
• You then revived the whole affair, by very publicly announcing a triple legal suit against three men for $1.6million in damages, who dared to critique you and hold your public claims to account. These are not the actions of a maligned victim.
Beware the Incredible “Underminer”!
And now, you whine on about being the victim, and being ‘ganged up’ on. When will you understand that this is New Zealand in 2015. People like me, and Cameron Slater have every right to blog on our own blog sites and Facebook pages, separately from each other. You are a prominent public figure. You have today announced you want to be even more prominent (perhaps run super-Auckland). We have every right to discuss what you say, and refute when you’re not telling the truth. That you think this is a “conspiracy” amongst people who’ve never met, and a “malicious campaign to undermine you,” when you’re the one doing all the Undermining, is indicative of the absent political judgement and acumen the Board was so worried about for so long, in a leader who insists on extreme centralised power.
Go for the mayoralty Colin! We’ll keep on commenting, because you want to be a public figure, so PUBLIC it will remain. If you went away and looked after your family, this would all go away (apart from the numerous court cases you’ve already initiated and the inevitable counter-suits coming your way).