It’s an opinion amongst some people, that CC lives in a fantasy world increasingly disconnected from reality. Some have even suggested mental illness (but I couldn’t possible comment). A number of things point to that possible conclusion:
• The revelations over “Mr X” and “Interviewer;”
• CC’s ongoing pattern of stumbles and persistence in digging a deeper hole via the media;
• weird letters and emails;
• nine, or is it now ten? defamation suits against several people;
• universal public comment on Twitter;
• childish adamant denials in the face of clear evidence to the contrary;
• a joyous desire to go on all and every media to discuss these private matters in the public spectrum;
• online news stories and editorials by senior journalists as each new bizarre misstep of this saga plays out; among other things.
As George Washington once said, “Truth will ultimately prevail where pains are taken to bring it to light” which I read somewhere.
“Mr X” was imaginary. There was an imaginary “relationship.” “Inappropriate behavior” was supposed to be imaginary, but wasn’t. Colin imagined he would keep secret that he was “Mr X” and “Interviewer” all-at-once; and goodness knows what else. Now Colin and Helen Craig have invented an invoice for a company that doesn’t seem to exist. “Craig and Craig” is a business address for one of Colin’s (not Helen’s) companies, activities he’s involved with around a central service (body corporate management). These are the companies Helen is a director/shareholder in:
He and Helen don’t own the buildings, he’s not a “property developer” as such. When he says he “manages several billion in assets” he means he administers the body corporate arrangements of some buildings owned by other people (amounting collectively to billions). Like working at an airport that is worth 100 million by someone else.
“Craig and Craig.”
This “company,” or more likely a legally registered partnership (it appears no where on the NZ Companies Register), has invoiced Cameron Slater/Whaleoil for the use of a poem Colin earlier said was a fabrication. CC now effectively concedes via the invoice, that he wrote the poem to a young woman not his wife (Oops). He OWNS IT! Even worse, He AND HELEN own it. That is certainly what the media concluded yesterday…”Colin Craig claims ownership of poem allegedly written for former…” and also here).
Asked by the media yesterday if this was an admission he wrote the poem, he said he had “no comment to make on that.” Reality disconnect as above.
Which has an interesting corollary. CC inferred to Grandma Quilts that she was guilty of a thing because she had not denied it. “I appreciate the honesty in your response…in that you have not denied making them” (Colin Craig speaking to Grandma Quilts). Using the same standard, Craig not denying being author of the poem MAKES HIM THE AUTHOR OF THE POEM. And Helen Craig is a joint-owner and it’s an asset of their business partnership.
Weird on Weird.
W.Oil published the poem (at bottom) on 19 June, 15 minutes before Colin “resigned/stepped down-subject-to-review” (his review, of himself, with colleagues like me and Christie Rankin actively excluded in writing, i.e. in a “secret memo” – more imaginary things). CC resigned on 19 June not July as stated in error by Granny Herald yesterday. But HERE’S THE THING…
Strange Facts of the ‘Craig & Craig’ Invoice to Cameron Slater.
1. WHY is a business partnership entity of Colin and his wife Helen Ruth Craig invoicing Slater for a romantic poem Colin wrote privately to the press secretary of the Conservative Party? Does CC not see that as ironic?
The poem discusses wishing to share himself around with women not his wife, and there are forlorn sentiments about his marriage. Is that a service, a function, of his registered partnership with Helen Ruth Craig? Do they publish romantic poems of Colin’s to women not his wife? Does he not care about Helen?; is he contemptuous of her feelings, her needs, her honor? The contempt of invoicing his romantic poem IN HER NAME to a third party beggars belief (that disconnect from reality thing).
2. Colin has been accused of “creative accounting” by some people who’ve worked with him over many years (in fact, that is being actively investigated by the Police on top of Police file 150-921/0239 and Police file 150-807/9750, one of which also looks at other accounting irregularities in realign to over matters). It’s odd that the ACTUAL cost of the poem + Gst comes to a round $3000.oo How can that be?
2. $2608.70 + Gst 391.30= $3000.oo.
3. How is “$2608.70” determined? And on what basis? What elements determine the cost of this royalty for a published poem by Colin Craig (that he has previously denied, and still now won’t confirm) on Whaleoil from 19 June?
4. It’s because this is a contrived amount. The Gst has been worked out backwards after the fact, i.e. x3 ÷ 23. In other words, Colin just plucked “$3000” out of the air as a monthly charge to Slater, and worked the Gst backwards. There was never a real cost. How did he get $2608.70 a month for the use of the poem? What is that made up of? More imaginery things.
5. And look at the invoicing timetable. Why was a slate opened on 1 June 2015 for Slater? For what? Nothing was invoiced for 4 and half months from 19 June till 30 October 2015. Craig knew the poem was published 19 June, and it was up there all that time. But why was an account opened earlier on 1 June? A pod question for Slater to ask.
It’s because this whole invoice is a complete contrivance.
6. I suggest CC (Helen probably doesn’t even know this exists) only “opened” a slate for Slater on 30 October, not 01 June at all, and he walked the invoicing back to 01 June once the poem was published 19 June. He likely only decided to do all this on 30 October. We’ve seen this before elsewhere, something the Police, the Electoral Commission and former Centurion staff, Trust Account Managers, and clients have taken a great deal of interest in recently. It has even been the subject of previous Court proceedings that CC lost, and had to pay out for.
7. If the “Craig and Craig” account was opened 01 June, but the ‘Two of Me” poem was only published 19 June by Slater, why was the account opened by Craig and what for, between 01 June – 19 June? Could Colin foresee the future? What services was C&C anticipating offering to Slater 01 June – 19 June before the poem was published? My brain swells at the possibilities.
8. And WHY is this an asset of C&C anyway? Is the poem actually written by Colin AND Helen Craig to Rachel MacGregor? After all, they privately loaned her money, and gave her $56,000 before, during and after toxic employment and sexual harassment wrangles with Ms MacGregor. ?????
9. “Craig and Craig” is not a company. It’s the name of an office for “Shore Bins Ltd.”
10. Which poses the Q. Whose is the Gst number registered on the invoice above to Whaleoil? I’m sure some Marine Mammals of Mischief will enlighten us soon.
Reality as they say, is often stranger than fiction.
And Cameron Slater has just posted this up, have a read of what he has to say about all this. http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2015/11/if-you-thought-it-was-bizarre-that-mr-x-was-colin-craig-wait-until-you-read-this/
The Poem Colin Crag wrote to Rachel MacGregor, published inJune 2015.