- 7. Interesting Facts About Churchill (Painter)
- Cartoon of the Day (Where Race ain’t Black or White)
- Vomit on a Plane (Exclusive Video)
- 7Best (Churchill & Bulldogs. 4/7)
- Signs of Our Times (2014 Election by Hoarding. 30/30).
- Meanwhile at TradeMe (#6). 1 Dead Pheasant.
- 7Best (Churchill & Bulldogs. 3/7)
- Signs of Our Times (2014 Election by Hoarding. 29/30).
- Quote of the Day (Fascism)
- Cartoon of the Day (Twerking)
- Signs of Our Times (2014 Election by Hoarding. 28/30).
- 7Best (Churchill & Bulldogs. 2/7)
- 6. Interesting Facts About Churchill (Boer-ing)
- 5. Interesting Facts About Churchill (Speech Impediment)
- Signs of Our Times (2014 Election by Hoarding. 27/30).
- 7Best (Churchill & Bulldogs. 1/7)
- More FURY.
- Review: Fury (Brad Pitt) the Tank movie 2014
- 4. Interesting Facts About Churchill (American)
Buy my book: The Bloodred Tree
Author Archives: coNZervative
7. Painting Churchill earned his living as a writer, but what is less well-known is that he was also a prolific painter, creating almost 600 pieces of art during his lifetime. He found it a great de-stresser, took lessons, befriended some famous painters, and … Continue reading
A NZ media headline this week intimating something like an Ebola scare on an Air New Zealand plane, later changed online to “Novorius fears on AirNZ plane.“ So, a kid has the flu and vomits. How is this news? “AirNZ is ‘extremely disappointed’ … Continue reading
Once the bulldog association became fixed to Churchill, then bulldogs appeared, visited, and were rolled in to the campaign trail, to reinforce the simile. Churchill actually preferred the Lion simile, also representative of the British Empire. In private life, the Churchill’s were … Continue reading
Final. Hope you’ve enjoyed this series of how the public have responded and interacted with hopeful politicians on the 2014 campaign trail through their hoardings. A snap-shot of NZ history and the inter-change between public officials and the public. There … Continue reading
It’s not dead, it’s just stunned! Meanwhile over at Trademe (#5) Mummified Cat Meanwhile over at Trademe (#4) Um? Meanwhile over at TradeMe (#3) 20k Compostor Meanwhile over at TradeMe (#2) Tank Meanwhile over at TradeMe (#1) Zombie Bricks
The image of a bulldog became cemented with Churchill through: cartoonists’ allusions of the time with politicians as dogs; with John Bull the personification of Britain with his butcher’s bulldog; and a book. This 1942 London cartoon of August 26 portrays … Continue reading
The last few hoardings to round out this series of 30 in October, are all National examples, seeing as they won the lion’s share of the party vote to form the government of the 51st parliament on 20 Sept. There … Continue reading